The Central Electricity Board (CEB) is a parastatal body wholly owned by the Government of Mauritius and reporting to the Ministry of Renewable Energy and Public Utilities. Established in 1952 and empowered by the Central Electricity Board Act of 25 January 1964, the CEB's business is to "prepare and carry out development schemes with the general object of promoting, coordinating and improving the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity" in Mauritius.
The CEB produces around 40% of the country's total power requirements from its 4 thermal power stations and 8 hydroelectric plants; the remaining 60% being purchased from Independent Power Producers. Currently, it is the sole organization responsible for the transmission, distribution and supply of electricity to the population.
The CEB need to have video security to secure employees safety during they are working on power station and also need to secure the property. Therefore megapixel camera with clear view and easy management software become system selection reasons.
Video transmission bandwidth is key concern during system setup. Two CEB power stations located at two different rural area and use fiber optical as backbone transmission. ACTi IP cameras can adjust different frame rate, bit rate, video quality…etc to be able to achieve bandwidth limitation for CEB. As on today, 30 units ACM-1231 installed at two CEB stations.
The stability, compatibility and the most important for single contact window to reduce time consuming if any possible critical issue happen. The entire system is deployed to the highest standards to protect the safety & security at CEB.
- Megapixel picture quality for superior image quality
- High reliability of product life cycle
- Business owners/managers can view operations remotely over a wide site to manage & protect safety